- I see that you prescribed drug for this patient: what were your thoughts regarding this choice of medication?
- Were there other drugs which you considered and ruled out?
- What factors influenced this decision?
- What specific features led you to the diagnosis of ...?
- Were there any other conditions you ruled out? How?
- What approach did you choose for investigation?
- Were there other investigations which you considered and deferred or ruled out?
- What were your thoughts regarding these choices?
- Patient Factors
- Was there anything unique about this patient which influenced your decision-making?
- Is there anything unique to the practice which influenced the way you managed this patient?
- What influenced your choice of follow-up time?
Reference: Jennett: Chart stimulated recall. Educ Gen Pract, 1995, 6, 30-34
Random case analysis proforma