TA is based on contracting eg: organisation/trainer/participant triangle
- Internal parent holds opinions, values, beliefs. previous experiences and behaviours. Checks that plan is based on reliable precedents.
- Internal adult thinks logically, weighs probabilities. May not take account of true feelings, and so lose touch with motivation or underestimate the responses of others.
- Internal child holds anticipated feelings and emotional memories of previous incidents. Enthusiastic, but will try to undermine decisions which ignore feelings of anxiety.
For success, all three ego states need to be in broad agreement.
Interpersonal styles: External ego states are exhibited to others and identified using behavioural cues.
- Parent adult child ego states
- TA structure
- Getting the benefits of your working styles
- Life positions
- Anger management
- Staying OK